In the past, it was enough for marketers to connect with their customer base as a whole, but that is no longer the case. Then came the trend to call potential customers by their first name when addressing them.
Soon, buyers became more sophisticated and no longer reacted to that form of personalization. Savvy executives are collecting large volumes of data allowing them to deliver very personalized messages in ways that each consumer prefers.
Learn how to use personalized advertising to your company’s advantage in 2022 to deliver highly relevant content at the exact right moment and in a format that the customer will appreciate.
Step 1: Collect Data for Personalized Marketing
The first step is that you have a system in place that will collect data about each customer’s interactions with your company. This information should fall into at least three different categories. You should collect quantitative data including a record of:
- Website interaction including when and what products the customer is viewing
- Social network engagement, including any posts that the customer has liked or commented on
- Transactional information including purchases made and list of items returned.
- Interaction with customer service
Additionally, you should know how each customer fits into your target audience. Therefore, you should collect data on their lifestyle, education level, age and habits.
Step 2: Analyze the Data
Once you have collected data about your customers, you must use that information to fine-tune your personalized marketing:
- Encourage action completion – Your customers may be engaging with your company at multiple touchpoints. Use the data to identify when customers are dropping out of your sales funnel so that you can deliver them a personalized message encouraging them to return.
- Target marketing messages – When you segment your target audience list using data, you have a better chance of delivering the right message at the right time and in the right manner to increase your conversion rate.
- Drive customer retention – Knowing when your customer should be making their next purchase and what it is can be a great way to send marketing messages to them promptly.
- Improve customer self-esteem – Customers should feel great when using your products as it builds brand loyalty. Use the data to build content that will help them be more successful.
- Show empathy to your customers – Customers are more likely to purchase more from a company they believe cares about them. Use the data to create touchpoints that show you are empathetic to your customers.
- Empower your customers – Particularly on social media, you should be empowering your customers to feel like they have power and that y our company is listening.
Step 3: Implementation of Personalized Marketing
There are many ways that you can build personalization into your marketing plan.
Creating a loyalty program is a win/win for you and the customer. The customer provides you with more data that you can analyze to do an even better marketing to them. Meanwhile, you give the customer messages targeted especially to them while rewarding them with discounts on items that might interest them.
There are many ways to empower mobile apps to deliver a personalized message. You can send a customer a timely message at the exact moment that they usually are looking for your product. You can also use mobile apps to send them a notification near one of your physical locations. Brick-and-mortar stores can also use apps to help customers find products so that they are leaving with more items in their cart.
Increase your email opening rate by sending your customers information and promotions that interest them the most. Spend the extra effort to create emails for each section of your target list. Then, provide helpful information and promotions that they will find enticing. Be sure that your links either go to a landing page designed for that segment of your list or to the product you are promoting.
Social media is the perfect place to retarget customers, and it is also a great place to use targeted videos. Customers love to share their ideas, so you may want to think of contests that encourage them to share posts from your company.
Step 4 Analyze the Benefits
You should never be content with your efforts to use personalized messaging in your advertising. Therefore, you should always strive to reach customers in novel ways that will cause them to respond to your company’s advertising efforts.
Your valued customer is hit with almost 10,000 brand messages daily. Personalized messaging done correctly helps your company add value to your customer’s life instead of so many brand messages that are simply annoying. Furthermore, it helps your company stand out so that your company is the first one to pop into the customer’s mind when they need your product or are making a recommendation to a friend. It is a great way to build trust and loyalty with your customers, which usually equals larger cart values and more frequent purchases.
We are always here to answer your questions and help you throughout the process. Contact us today.